Welcome to my blog. I am 'The Bunny Maker' - aka Anna, confuzzled mother of three boys, maker of sock bunnies for Widget and Friends, owner of The Warren Bunny Boarding and artist behind Half an Acre. Come on in and join the madness!


Sunday 8 June 2008

My hallway......

The walls are meant to be a pale green! *sigh* oh well, you will just have to imagine it!
This is the table in my hallway. As you can see it is showing off what you are meant to be doing with the things I make! I love them all crowded in together like this - there are three of my pointing fish, a pink spotty lizard, a little red heart and a large chunky blue heart. That little red square over the clock is a canvas with a silver heart stuck on it. I made the heart out of .999 PMC silver clay - it has the finger prints of my three boys on it, their names and dates of birth. It was one of the first things I made with the clay - no tentative beginnings there! - and the lettering is not very good but I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt! Inside the big glass jar is 12 years worth of easter eggs. I blow real ones and paint them every year for my husband. The biggest is an Ostrich egg, the smallest a Quail's. The very first one I did is cracked and stuck back together a few times. I try to paint them with colour, patterns or pictures that somehow relate to the past year. The clock was an impluse purchase by my husband at at a craft fair. It's wired to the back of the table as its a bit unstable there - the kids chuck things down the stairs so .. one day ... either the clock will break or the kids will grow up!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is wonderful....Love the 3 columns....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have done it without your help! many thanks!
    did have to change the coding more than the tutorial said though!
    my tearing out of hair went on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another egg fetishist (is that a real word I wonder). A small, but illustrious group :-) Kathy

    ReplyDelete