Welcome to my blog. I am 'The Bunny Maker' - aka Anna, confuzzled mother of three boys, maker of sock bunnies for Widget and Friends, owner of The Warren Bunny Boarding and artist behind Half an Acre. Come on in and join the madness!


Thursday 27 May 2010

Update on The Warren Bunnies

We've had the bunz for about a month now and, all together now, "Haven't they grown!".  Yes, indeed they have, which makes me wonder how big exactly they intended to get.  Did I mistakenly get those giant Netherland Giant giant things?  They are only 12 weeks old and well, they were bigger than fully grown dwarf buns when I first got them.  Oh dear.

Nosy

 Spike

Today I decided that they would be 'pellet-free' bunnies.  They don't need these commercially available foods, least of all the 'treats' the pet stores sell.  Bunnies in the wild eat grasses (dried and fresh), bark, leaves, flowers and herbs.  So, that is what mine will eat from now on.  I've tried them on 'treats' - trying to find something irrisistable so I can reward them for doing things, but they are having none of it.  Clover is the favourite, with Parsley a close second.  Their digestive systems should be all the better for it and I want them to be as healthy as possible.
They are getting used to living with us, although, being prey animals, they are very way of being held, let alone being picked up.  There is plenty of time to work on it though, and I'm having fun gaining their trust, even though it is a case of 'bribary via clover'!

2 comments:

  1. oh they are gorgeous, the bigger the better I would think, you won't lose them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bunnies!

    You have been tagged. Please join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete